Did you know the Conroe Service League was founded in 1956? That’s a LOT of years in service and it all started with 12 charter ladies that had a vision and a passion for giving back to their community.
The Conroe Service League continues to serve under their guiding principles and ideals with women from all over Montgomery County who have the same passion for service, volunteering and giving back to their community. And we do it all while having fun and forming a close bond.
The Conroe Service League was organized in 1955 with 12 charter members: Mrs. Henry Bell, Mrs. Jack Clarke, Jr., Mrs. Mark Everett, Mrs. Seth Gibson, Mrs. J. Sam Hunt, Mrs. Oliver Kneisley, Mrs. J. Ross Martin, Mrs. A.L. Moore, Mrs. Sanford Pitts, Mrs. Russell Tickner, Mrs. Charles Tigner and Mrs. C. Lee Williamson. In 1956, their first year of service, they admitted 11 provisional members: Mrs. Karl Fisher, Mrs. Phillip Kay, Mrs. Russell Law, Mrs. Dan H. Madeley, Mrs. Sam D. Mann, Mrs. W.C. McClain, Mrs. High Moser, Mrs. Jack Nelson, Mrs. J.L. Pitts, Mrs. Kenneth Swain and Mrs. Irvin M. Watson.